After you pick your most favorite color – then comes the decision to select the sheen that will enhance the look of the surface. Sheen, or paint finish, is a measure of how much light reflects off a painted surface, resulting in gloss – or lack thereof. Tri-Creek Home Improvement Center offers Benjamin Moore paint and with that comes a legacy of innovation that ensures what we offer will deliver premium performance across all sheen spectrums. Sheens range on a scale from no shine to high shine. Different levels of sheen can affect how colors appear and add dimension to a room. Here is a quick summary of what is out there:
- Flat Paint is a term for a finish that does not reflect light – resulting in no sheen at all. Lack of reflection allows more paint pigment to come through and is more forgiving of flaws and allows for excellent hide, creating a uniform surface.
- Matte Paint is nearly as shine free as flat – again providing excellent hide and depth of color, with slightly more durability. A matte look lends a luxurious touch to many interior spaces including bedrooms and dining rooms.
- Eggshell finish is perennially popular with professionals and DIYers alike. It has a low sheen reminiscent of flat or matte but is infinitely more durable than it’s namesake. Eggshell is suited for most areas of a home – including family rooms and hallways. While it reflects more light than flat or matte finishes, it’s soft glow casts colors beautifully!
- Satin Paint delivers a higher gloss while offering better stain resistance and durability than lower sheens. Satin paint is ideal for areas that crave definition. Use its distinctive luster to highlight windows, shutters, trim and even interior doors.
- Semi-Gloss Paint is perfectly suited to highlight the architectural details of your home and create dimension on millwork, trim and doors. It cures to a smooth, furniture-like finish, and it’s glossy look makes it one of the best paint finishes for kitchen cabinets.
- High Gloss Paint offers a mirror like finish. This sits on the top of the sheen chart. This is extremely durable and offers elegant shine. Easy to clean, stain resistant and will add a stunning look to doors, trim and even a high-traffic kitchen.
So, if you are stuck on sheen, visit Tri-Creek Home Improvement Center and visit our paint department and let us recommend the best finish for your project!