Is your home ready for the cool nights and crisp mornings?
Shop Tri-Creek Home Improvement Center, we have what you need to get ready. Here is a home prep checklist to help get you ready for the change of seasons:
- Check for drafts – Feel for drafts around the edges of windows and doors. A good tip is to use a lighted candle and if the flame flickers, there’s most likely a draft. If necessary, replace seals and repair caulking around window and door frames.
- Do a roof check- Look for missing, damaged, or loose shingles. If your roof is flat, you may need to remove leaves and debris.
- Inspect siding- Check home exterior for cracks or holes. Come in and ask our team for advice on how to fix anything you find.
- Clean the gutters- Remove leaves, nests, and debris from gutters and check for leaks. We have sturdy ladders!
- Service summer power tools- Empty fuel and clean lawnmower and trimmers. Sharpen lawn mower blades and change oil. Have any necessary repairs done now, so that you’re ready for next spring.
- Change batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
See you at Tri-Creek, bring your home prep checklist and we will be sure you have what you need!